Independent studio is an option for students who no longer need class instruction or do not have the time to enroll in a class. Students taking a class may also purchase packages to continue working on projects. We re-open on Tuesday, January 8th. There will be no indie studios held on Saturday, February 16.
Learn more about pricing by clicking here or read below for updated rates and new package options!
If you are new to the studio please contact Gina at firstname.lastname@example.org to check availability before purchasing.
1. You must be 18 or older to attend. Teens in the evening classes may receive independent studio privileges by emailing Gina at email@example.com.
2. Students who attend our 4-6 week classes are eligible for 3 free independent studio passes between their class start and end date. Free open studio will not be extended past your final class date, is non-transferable and is not redeemable for cash or credit. If you don't use them, you lose them.
3. Effective for Winter 1 2019 students and beyond… If you need to finish glazing work from class may purchase a $10 pass to use the studio for glazing only. The limit is one per student per class session and this pass must be purchased at the studio. You must have taken a 4, 6, 8 or 10 week class for this to apply. Indie pass holders are not eligible. See rates at (4) below. It is not available for online purchases. We do not store bisque work longer than one month therefore please plan accordingly.
4. Rates for all students effective December 17th, 2018: 1-day drop in $25, 3-day pass $66, NEW 5-day pass $100, 10-day pass $180. Shelves are not reserved for one-day drop ins. Passes expire after one month for 3 and 5 day pass holders. Passes expire after three months for 10-day pass holders.
5. Fees include all firings, use of the studio and decorating materials such as glaze, under glaze and slip. Clay must be purchased separately.
6. THERE IS NO INSTRUCTION PROVIDED DURING INDEPENDENT STUDIO TIMES.
7. We do not split passes between students and we do not extend them past their expiration date.
8. If you do not follow the classroom policies (listed in the classroom) the studio has the right to ask you to not return and no refund will be issued.
Clay costs: White or brown stoneware $20/25lb bag. Porcelain $25/25lb bag.
Shelf rental: Limited extra shelf space may be available for rent during a class or open studio pass. Please contact Gina at firstname.lastname@example.org for a list of current rates and availability.